Friday, July 15, 2005
It's Fun to Paint the Fence
- MOOP Patrol - see Burningman's top 10 MOOP avoidance tips. This requires everyone's participation.
- Loading Muscle - the early arrivers will be bringing the shade structure, power system, furniture, and a million other things for the rest of the camp to enjoy. They'll need help loading the vehicles. We need lots of people for this.
- Music Spinner - provide all genres of music for our entertainment. You can bring it via an iPod-like device, audio or MP3 CDs.
- Recycling Satyr/Nymph - organize the recycling and trash. Set up and label bins and instruct campers. Aluminum beer cans are accepted by the Recycling Camp and the proceeds are donated to local schools. Other types of recyclables have to be packed out and recycled at home. Wet trash has to be packed out and dumped at home. Dry burnable trash (paper, dried banana peels, dried carrot tops, etc) can be burned.
[2005/08/14: Hoshi has taken on this job.]
- Coffee Genie - keep the coffee thermos filled in the morning for all the bleery eyed campers. We'll provide the French Press and the exquisite, organic, Free Trade coffee from Rainbow Co-Op.
[2005/08/07: Susan wants to be the Quoffee Queen.]
- Liquid God/dess - keep the gatorade container filled for everyone. Remind everyone to rehydrate.
- Kitchen God/dess - keep the kitchen organized so that camp members can use it effectively. Responsibilities include: keep the strainer clean, make sure the stoves are off (see picture of what happens otherwise), change stove propane canisters as necessary, clean up food and other loose things so they do not become MOOP, keep dishpans covered
- Camp Queen/King - keep the camp organized so it's a joy for the participants, tie down or put away loose things so they don't become MOOP.
- Pond Scum Skimmer - make sure that the evaporation pond is working properly; help people dispose of their water in the pond
- MOOP Sargeant - last thing before we leave, organize everyone to walk a grid of the camp and remove every single piece of MOOP.
[Jenny just volunteered for this commanding role (Jul 15).]
- Pond Scum Taker Backer - if the evaporation pond still has water in it at the end of the event, haul it back home. We'll provide a restaurant bucket or two.
- Unloading & Unpacking Muscle - all the infrastructure stuff that comes back from the event has to be unloaded from the vehicles, unpacked, and put into their rightful places. We need lots of people for this.