Tuesday, September 06, 2005
When I Woke Up This Morning I Couldn't Help Thinking About That Time When .....
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Selected Pictures from 2004
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Camera Tag Form
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Aug 23, 2005 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [AEZ] aez video
A. Film and video cameras are forbidden without permission. All video cameras must be registered and tagged. This is to protect the privacy of participants and artists alike. Use Agreement forms for personal video cameras will be available upon arrival at the Gate, the Greeter's Station or Playa Info. If you are considering filming or videotaping for professional purposes, you must have a commercial agreement on file with the Media Team prior to your arrival onsite. Commercial use of images taken at Burning Man without permission is subject to cunning legal action and punishable by death. This includes amateurs and professionals who capture images.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Real Estate Planning
- who's carpooling with whom to get an accurate vehicle count
- who's tenting with whom to get an accurate tent count
- whether there are any structures that I haven't listed
I'm just going to assume all vehicles take up 10x20 space - doors/hatches/trunks need to open and be accessible, etc. But knowing who's driving together will give me a better vehicle count.
- station wagon - Xuxan & Bosco
- SUV - Jenny & Hoshi
- pickup - Bill & Joe
- SUV, small - Shea & Susanna
- ??? - Kathleen
- ??? - Kineri
- coupe - Darcey
A large tent is considered 10x20 and standard is considered 10x10.
- large - Xuxan & Bosco
- 11x11 - Jenny
- standard - Shea & Susanna
- standard - Hoshi
- standard - Bill
- standard - Joe
- standard - Kathleen
- standard - Kineri
- standard - Darcey
- sun shade - 20x30
- solar panel - 5x5
- evaporation pond - 10x20
Monday, August 15, 2005
Black Rock City 2005 Map
Our old friends, the 7 Sins Lounge, are in the 9:00 plaza. And one of my co-workers is in the Deep End - a block west of them - and they have continuously flowing booze. If you know of other camps to visit, please add a comment.
The old link is http://www.studioninedesign.com/map05_Psyche_LH.gif
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Exact Camp Location
A full gridded out 10'x10' map of the village is here. Expand the image if your browser (IE or Firefox) automatically shrinks large ones to fit your window; otherwise, the grid looks like hell.
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Don't be a Darkwad
a stupid Burner who doesn’t wear any illumination of any sort at night. Don't be a darkwad.This may help, Michaels Light Toys is having an Open House this weekend:
Michaels Light ToysSee ya there.
Saturday, August 6th
12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 7th
12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
285 9th Street @ Folsom
We specialize in unusual and interesting personal lighting not found in stores. We have a unique and colorful assortment of lights for you to choose from including LED & Fiber Optic Lights and EL Wire.
Let us help illuminate
You, Your Camp and Your Ride
Thursday, July 28, 2005
2005 Camp Location
Just got this link to the BRC Theme Camp List from the Black Rock Ranger email board. AEZ is in a familiar locale:
Alternative Energy Zone village 5:00 and Catharsis 500 x 500
Here is a link to the Black Rock City Plan map:
And here are some nearby camps locations:
Chillonia Catharsis and 4:30 50 x 150 Satan Cakes
Furtopia 4:30 and Catharsis 150 x 150 Satan Cakes
Anonymous Camp Catharsis and 5:30 100 x 100 Josephine
Blyss Abyss: Psychoasis Catharsis and 5:30 100 x 100 Josephine
Cafe Village Catharsis and 5:30 200 x 400 Josephine
Conscious Craving Catharsis and 5:30 100 x 100 Josephine
Kidsville 5:30 and Ego 400 x 300 Josephine
Hushville 5:30 x Ego 400 x 350 Satan Cakes
Art Car Camp Catharsis and 6:00 150 x 200 Josephine
HeeBeeGeeBee Healers 7:30 and Ego 200 x 350 Scout
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
2005 Black Rock City Map
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
2005 Survival Guide
Monday, July 18, 2005
Friday, July 15, 2005
It's Fun to Paint the Fence
- MOOP Patrol - see Burningman's top 10 MOOP avoidance tips. This requires everyone's participation.
- Loading Muscle - the early arrivers will be bringing the shade structure, power system, furniture, and a million other things for the rest of the camp to enjoy. They'll need help loading the vehicles. We need lots of people for this.
- Music Spinner - provide all genres of music for our entertainment. You can bring it via an iPod-like device, audio or MP3 CDs.
- Recycling Satyr/Nymph - organize the recycling and trash. Set up and label bins and instruct campers. Aluminum beer cans are accepted by the Recycling Camp and the proceeds are donated to local schools. Other types of recyclables have to be packed out and recycled at home. Wet trash has to be packed out and dumped at home. Dry burnable trash (paper, dried banana peels, dried carrot tops, etc) can be burned.
[2005/08/14: Hoshi has taken on this job.]
- Coffee Genie - keep the coffee thermos filled in the morning for all the bleery eyed campers. We'll provide the French Press and the exquisite, organic, Free Trade coffee from Rainbow Co-Op.
[2005/08/07: Susan wants to be the Quoffee Queen.]
- Liquid God/dess - keep the gatorade container filled for everyone. Remind everyone to rehydrate.
- Kitchen God/dess - keep the kitchen organized so that camp members can use it effectively. Responsibilities include: keep the strainer clean, make sure the stoves are off (see picture of what happens otherwise), change stove propane canisters as necessary, clean up food and other loose things so they do not become MOOP, keep dishpans covered
- Camp Queen/King - keep the camp organized so it's a joy for the participants, tie down or put away loose things so they don't become MOOP.
- Pond Scum Skimmer - make sure that the evaporation pond is working properly; help people dispose of their water in the pond
- MOOP Sargeant - last thing before we leave, organize everyone to walk a grid of the camp and remove every single piece of MOOP.
[Jenny just volunteered for this commanding role (Jul 15).]
- Pond Scum Taker Backer - if the evaporation pond still has water in it at the end of the event, haul it back home. We'll provide a restaurant bucket or two.
- Unloading & Unpacking Muscle - all the infrastructure stuff that comes back from the event has to be unloaded from the vehicles, unpacked, and put into their rightful places. We need lots of people for this.